Saturday 13 October 2012

Moroccan Oil...Late on the Bandwagon.

The Moroccan Oil craze was something that never really interested me. Neither did any of its oily competitors. Having fine, thin hair that looks limp and greasy easily, hair oils seemed like a big no no to me. However I received a small bottle of Mhagrabian Hair Oil in a recent Glossybox which totally made me change my mind - I loved it. The combination of this and receiving lots of lovely money for my 21st birthday lead to purchasing this full size bottle of the highly acclaimed Moroccan Oil totally on a whim.


The one I purchased is the Moroccan Oil Treatment for all hair types. They also make one that is specifically targeted towards fine and light coloured hair, which is probably what I should have purchased. However this works perfectly well for me, I think the other formula is probably less rich and thick.

Lets just start by saying, I'm fully addicted to this now and totally understand why people rave about it so much. I use this mainly after washing my hair and before drying it. A pump or two warmed up in my hands and rubbed through the ends and lengths of my hair does the trick.  I find this makes my hair so silky smooth and sneakily disguises my awful split ends. On top of that I find it makes my air smell amazing. I know many people arent too fond of the smell and find it quite masculine, but I personally love it. 

The other way I use this is after styling when my hair is dry. I don't always do this but find that if my hair is looking quite brittle and dry on the end a little drop of this really helps to make it look way healthier. After straightening or curling my hair it just gives that extra something to the style and makes my hair look more polished and "done". 


Theres only a few minor negative points I can think of for this product. The first being that its fairly easy to go overboard with it and make your hair look like a lank greaseball. Ive only done this once and learned my lesson. Less is definitely more and only apply a small amount at a time, if you think it needs more you can go back for more but putting to much on to begin with is a much harder issue to resolve. The only other problem I can see is that I dont feel it is actually doing anything for the actual condition of my hair. I find it to be just a really great styling product, rather than a conditioning treatment. Over time I may see a difference but for now my hair hasnt changed an awful lot. 


As far as pricing goes, this is pretty expensive at £30.45 for this 100ml bottle on Feel Unique. You can aso get a 25ml bottle for just £12.85 which will last for ages and is much friendlier to the bank balance. I would highly recommend giving this or even any hair oil a go even if you think they wont suit your hair. I thought that too and now I couldnt be without it in my hair routine! 
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I have very similar hair to yours (very straight and quite fine)so it's useful to hear about the product from someone whose hair is like mine! x

    ReplyDelete