Wednesday 3 October 2012

Liz Earle Eyebright

I have to admit I was always slightly baffled as to what this product was even meant to do. I'd seen a fair few   reviews of it all saying it was a great product, so I added it to a Liz Earle order to give it a go.

The Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion claims to soothe and refresh tired, puffy eyes and remove light eye make-up. My eyes are always very puffy when I get up in the morning, and I usually like to let my face "settle" before leaving the house otherwise I may frighten small children. This was the main reason I thought to try this and it does actually work.

 The first thing I noticed about this is that it is most definitely soothing. A soaked cotton pad laid on the eyes feels very cooling and refreshing, the perfect thing to wake you up quickly on a morning. It really does reduce puffiness too. Ive even used it a few times after Ive shed a few tears (Yes, Im a crier...I cry at everything), and it really helps settle your eyes down after crying. This is great if you have to face people after watching PS I Love You!

The eye make-up removal part is something I had never considered using it for until I found myself eye-makeup removerless. I found this in my stocks and thought it was worth a go at taking off a few coats of mascara and it really did the trick well. I dont think it would hold up so well against a smokey eye and gel liner, but for the last few bits of mascara or liner you missed when cleansing, its perfect.

I wouldnt say this is really an essential product to own, but it is useful for a number of reasons and its really rather handy to have around. This handy 50ml size would be great for travelling, but its also fab for if you want to give it a go but dont want to commit to buying the full size. This size has lasted me months of on and off use and is still going strong. It costs around £5. The full size is 150ml at around £10, which I think is really fairly priced.

I love Liz Earle products and this is just another to add to the list of little gems she has in her range. 
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment