Saturday 15 September 2012

To Do in 2012: How Ive Done So Far!

I was meant to do this 6 month into the year but totally forgot about it, so three months late I thought Id check it anyway and see how Im doing...


1. Pass 1st year of uni
Yep, I got  2:1 for my first year!

2. Finish decorating my bedroom
Almost...just need a nice chandelier and a big picture for one wall and its done

3. Learn how to make a Sunday dinner.
Not really

4. Give David an amazing surprise for his 21st
Yes! I took him to London for the Capital Summertime Ball!

5. Rejoin the gym and actually start going at least once a week.
Rejoined...went once. I need to stop making this a thing to do each year as I HATE the gym!

6. Get stuck in to uni work, stop being lazy and actually attend lectures!
Didnt do too well on this for first year but second year starts next week so who knows.

7. Find my driving theory pass certificate
Nope, its officially gone forever, give up on this one.

8. Pass my driving test!
Havent even had a lesson, also give up on this one!

9. Make cupcakes to fill my cupcake tree
Not yet

10. Visit Grandma much more often
I could really still improve on this...sorry Grandma

11. Do youtube videos more consistently
Yes! So far Ive been pretty good at uploading at least one a week.

12. Take more of an interest in fashion and accessorising my outfits
The interest is there, the funds to achieve it..not so much.

13. Watch The Sopranos with David
Weve watched two episodes...think this will be one for the winter.

14. Watch all of The OC again from beginning to end
Nope Ive been too hooked on Gossip Girl!

15. Do something really good and memorable for my 21st
I had a lovely night out with my friends, nothing crazy or out of the ordinary, but memorable because it was such a good night anyway.

16. Go on holiday with the girls (eventually)
Yep, I miss Ibiza so much!

17. Finally watch the Bourne Trilogy
Watched the first one...its a start.

18. Go back to America
Sadly not this year, each year I hope to go back but it doesnt happen :(

19. Get a job
Not yet, applied for three yesterday so fingers crossed!

20. Ride a rollercoaster
Not a rollercoaster, but a ride at the fairground that made me feel sick, so this can count!

21. Read at least 10 books, preferably on my kindle or ones I already own.
Ive read three so far...only seven to go!

22. Grow my hair without caving in and getting loads chopped off
Yes! My hair is the longest its ever been, ever! I dont plan on cutting lots off anytime soon.

23. Learn how to do a fishtail braid
Mastered this one in the summer, constantly braided all my friends hair on holiday.

24. Watch The Godfather films
Not yet...

25. Drink more water, anything would be an improvement as I dont drink it at all now
Big failure at this one, oops.

26. Get dressed up and enjoy an evening on Newcastle Quayside with David
Still need to do this but think we will soon.

27. Learn how to make bread
Nope!

28. Save up and make plans to go to New York
The plans are there...the savings are a different story.

29. Meet a friend through blogging
Not yet, would love to though!

30. Visit a city in the UK Ive never been to before
I visited Manchester for the first time and loved it!

31. Get my ears pierced
Still too scared to do this haha

32. Sleep earlier and get up earlier
Failed at this most the year but have been getting up slightly earlier recently, hope it lasts.

33. Watch more Audrey Hepburn movies
Still need to buy some!

34. Become less shy
Sort of, I guess youtube is helping with this a little.

35. Get my parents to meet Davids parents
Shockingly no, after a 4 year relationship this is slightly mental.

36. Visit a new country
Yep, Ibiza!

37. Buy a stranger a drink in a bar just to be nice
Haha, god no. I dont know why I put this, its a bit strange.

38. Make genuine friends with the people I know at Uni
Hmm nah, maybe this year!

39. Make a gingerbread house from scratch
No, but I must do this at Christmas

40. Try every Lush Bubble Bar
Im getting there, but not tried them all just yet.

41. Get my eyebrows threaded
Nah I want to stay in control of my own brows I think.

42. Get a spray tan
Also decided against this one, dont wanna be like a TOWIE extra.

43. Stay back in Room 105 of The Langdale Hotel again, best night ever
I would love to do this, but cant afford too, boo!

44. Buy my Mam flowers for no reason
Havent done this either...

45. Do one of Jamie's 30 Minute Meals
...Or this.

46. See a show in London
Yes, Wicked!

47. Visit my friend Amy in London
I visited London, but not her home...shes returning to our home town now anyway so this is kind of void!

48. Do one full review a week on my blog
Definitely failed at this

49. Get a facial
Nope!

50. Take my mam somewhere for a beauty treatment
Not yet, need to though!

Dear me I havent done very well with my aims for the first 3/4 of the year have I! Ive only really done 11/50...Must at least try to do half in the next 3 months. 
Do any of you keep lists like this?

4 comments:

  1. I love lists like this, definitely going to create one for next year! I do have my New Years resolutions though. I suppose I have a mini list for the remaining few months of 2012: Pass my driving test, I'm on lesson 5 so I'm really hoping to pass before Christmas and get a job, this has been a goal of mine all year and I finally have an interview so fingers crossed! Good luck with the rest of yours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with passing your driving test and getting a job! :) x

      Delete
  2. I want to do this! I had so much planned for this year but I haven't quite got there. I think a 6 (or 9 if you like) month reminder is a fab idea, maybe then I'd actually get stuff done xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep checking ack to it every so often reminds you what you really want to get out of the year :) x

      Delete