Monday 10 October 2011

Ins and Outs

Its been forever since I did a post like this so I really feel like it. Im definately going to bring back my Five Good Things for Friday posts as Im really back into my blog right now (yey!) but Ill do one of these for now saying as it isnt Friday. 

 IN
 
 Autumn = Boots, tights, chunky knits, scarves, crumpets, the return of my electric blanket, slipper socks, hot chocolate, fresh days, dark lipstick and nail varnish. Delightful! 
 
 
 Making new friends at Uni. I fully expected to be a complete loner through my entire three years but a few weeks in and I would say Ive got some people I would now consider real friends, and other lovely people who have the potential to be as well :) Meeting nice new people is such a breath of fresh air.


Walking more. Yes, it is colder now so not as pleasant, but it means Im getting a little bit more exercise walking to the metro then walking to uni and back. Every little helps!


My new bedroom. Its still a work in progress, I have no furniture apart from my wardrobe, and my bed is currently my brothers old single bed until I get my new double bed. But its already my little haven so its going to be gorgeous and my favourite place when its completely done. 


My student loan. My make-up/shoe/clothing collection has been stocked up nicely because of it.



OUT



Having homework for Uni, struggling through it and doing it, and turning up with it completed pleased as punch to my seminar to find the tutor still hasnt bothered to turn up half an hour into it. The whole group just got up and left after that so I followed suit. Well done Northumbria Uni, you owe me an hours worth of stress and a good few quid Ive paid in fees to sit there and not be taught anything.
 
 
The cold weather. I lvoe everything else about Autumn, apart from the thing that dominates all the other pretty changes. The cold, the wind and the rain. Just no.


Washing my hair and doing it lovely only to be caught in a drizzly rain for the next 15 minutes after leaving the house. Waste of time doing your hair at this time of year!


6 Modules of different Uni work is too confusing for my little brain.


After spending £300 on textbooks and a similar amount on clothes etc that I dont really need, my student bank account is really suffering. Im going to be one uber skint student until January!








3 comments:

  1. Oooh a good tip is to get all your books from the uni library to save your spondoolas. You can use Newc Uni's books too for free & between the two unis they usually have all the text books in. I always do that, has saved me a fortune!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent so much on uni text books in my first year. You should definitely try the library saved me a fortune in my 2nd and final year. See your at Northumbria as well, couldn't wait to graduate but now i have i just want to go back :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the things you said you love about Autumn too and the hair thing is so right.. grrr! xx

    ReplyDelete