Monday 3 October 2011

Naughty Little Splurge!

Ive been slightly naughty and spent some of my student loan on items that were rather expensive and really I didnt need. But I love them all so I really dont care! Apologies for the flash photos....


 Nars Turkish Delight Lipgloss
Im gunna be honest, I only got this after Kim Kardashian said she wears it all the time. My boyfriend laughed hysterically at me for this. But Im glad I got it really because it is really easy to wear and would look lovely on anyone. The gloss isnt too sticky too which is great. It is on the pricey side but I'd really recommend it. I was far too excited to buy my first ever Nars product haha.


Benefits Bella Bamba

I've lusted after this ever since it launched, always swatching it at the counters and needing it in my life. Now I have it and have used it literally every day since I bought it. As you can see above its a perfect pink blush that I think would suit anyone. Its easy to wear subtle for through the day or can be built up for evenings. I love the shimmer in it too, it makes a really nice sheen across you cheeks without looking TOO sparkly. Not to mention I could sit and look at the packaging all day - soooo pretty! It smells amazing too so thats a nice bonus. Seriously love this.


Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Sun Defence for Face SPF 50
This is one of my more practical purchases. Ive been looking for a good strong facial SPF for when I go away in a few weeks, and I stumbled across this one so I bought it on a whim and now I use it everyday under my make-up. It smells lovely and is really moisturising, and also a great make-up base. The SPF 50 is going to be perfect for my holiday, but Ill be using it all the time from now on to protect my skin from sun damage every day to try my best to prevent those sneaky wrinkles from creeping up on me. I know, Im only 20 but it cant do any harm.


MAC Mythical Eyeshadow
I already mentioned this in my September Favourites post as Ive loved it that much since I bought it. Its a gorgeous coppery redish brown that Ive found really nice to incorporate into my everyday make-up for Autumn. Its a lovely colour for through the crease, Ive been using it with Urban Decay's Sin over the lid with this in the crease, or MACs All That Glitters. Its really pretty worn like that and Ive already got a lot of use out of it. Its Ltd Edition in the MAC Me Over Collection but its still available! I was really drawn to Carbonized too which was a really beautiful dark greyish colour which I want to get before the collection ends. These colours really are much prettier in person than on the website though so I would go see them for yourself as the site does them no justice (neither do my photos).


MAC Girl About Town Lipstick (Amplified)
This lipstick has been on my MAC lustlist for well over a year now so I thought it was about time I bought it. I had just bought a little black dress for my birthday and I was discussing with my friend how to incorporate some colour into my look for the night, we were at the MAC counter and this just stood out to me. It was the perfect lipstick to compliment my all black outfit and spice it up a bit. It is soooo pigmented and stays on for hours, the next morning my lips were still stained the bright pinky colour! Its now a staple lipstick for me for evenings and nights out and I cant wait to use it a lot more.


Swatches
L-R
Nars Turkish Delight
MAC Girl About Town
Benefit Bella Bamba
MAC Mythical Eyeshadow


Thanks for reading! 

xoxo





3 comments:

  1. That eyeshadow and blush look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I love girl about town. Just waiting on the Posh Paradise collection coming out over here and am going to have a little splurge then. The eyeshadow is gorgeous though!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Girl about town is my all time favourite lipstick, its gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete