Friday 4 May 2012

Avon Ideal Flawless Foundation

Its not often I do a foundation review, I like to use them for ages before constructing a proper opinion, and by then I forget to review it. This time its only taken me a few months to decide what I think of this foundation.
Most of the time the foundations I prefer are light/medium coverage with a dewy finish, I actually opt for Origins Vitazing most days instead of a foundation.
I rarely ever reach for my Revlon Colorstay or MAC Studio Fix Fluid anymore, which is why I was so suprised to actually love this foundation from Avon.


Firstly, I love that its relatively cheap, but still comes in lovely glass bottle with a pump included. You can get it for £12 on the Avon website, but if you look out in the brochures theres nearly always a deal on...I got my particulat bottle for just £8! Bargain.

Of course one of the downsides of Avon is that you cant see the shades in person before you buy, so its a little bit of guess work. I personally dont mind this as I usually just pick the lightest, or second lightest shade and that usually works fine for me, but I could see how it could be an issue for some. For reference Im the colour Ivory and its the best colour match Ive ever had in a foundation. Their colour selection is amazing, much better than most brands so I would say its a great one to check out if you struggle to find shades pale enough or dark enough for you.



As far as the product is concerned, its medium coverage I would say, but doesnt feel at all heavy on a skin. One pump is a tiny amount but spreads well enough to cover my whole face perfectly. It could of course be built up to a heavier coverage if you prefer. I find this goes on a dream, so quick and easy with my Sigma F80 brush. I really want to try the Real Techniques Buffing brush as I think that would be amazing for it also.

It has an average lasting power I would say, but any foundation Ive tried starts to wear off around the chin and nose area for me towards the end of the day, so this is pretty much standard. It has SPF 15, and so far Ive had no problems with flashback in photos! 


You can see how good if a colour match this is for me, as on the right of this photo its blended into the skin seamlessly, it really lives up to its claims of "invisible coverage" I think. Im not too sure how this would apply on drier skin types however, as when I did have a small dry patch it tended to cling to it a little so that may be something to think about.

I do really like this foundation, but it doesnt beat Jemma Kidd Light As Air for me. It is nice though for days when I want a slightly heavier coverage and not so dewy look. Id definately recommend it, especially for the price!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment