1. Post a photo that you like of yourself and say in a couple of sentences why you like it.
2. State some things that you DON'T like yourself but say why others may love to be like that.
3. State 3 things that you DO like about yourself.
So here goes...
I like this picture of me because although I'm smiling for the camera, I feel its a very natural picture of me and a genuine smile rather than a cheesy grin like most my photos are. I like how white my teeth look and I miss having my hair that long and look back at this as a goal to have it that length again.
Some things I dont like about myself but others might like or wish they had...
- I have very naturally pale skin, which to me can often make me feel like I look washed out or ill but people often compliment me on it calling it "porcelain" or "english rose" skin. Because of this Ive really been laying off the fake tan for most of winter and embracing my natural skin tone.
- I have never once dyed my hair and often feel my hair is a bit boring and get urges to colour it, but I never do because as soon as I mention it to anyone they tell me straight up they wish they had my natural hair colour. People have actually asked me who dyed my hair or what have I used to get it that colour so I know other people must think it looks nice!
- I hate my nose, I feel as though its really long and pointy. In school amongst friends we used to joke about my long nose and I know my friends werent meaning any harm but it definately stuck with me and I dont like the look of it. My friends now tell me not to be silly and that its a lovely nose (if noses are ever "lovely"?) My boyfriend thinks its cute and before I ever mentioned it to him he commented on how cute my nose was so that settled me with it slightly.
- I have very defined cheekbones, mostly just when I smile. I think it makes me look too skinny but I know a lot of people really like high and defined cheekbones so I should be proud of them!
3 Things I DO Like About Myself
- I have a naturally high metabolism and therefore hardly ever put on any weight at all, Ive been a size 6-8 since I was 15 and never dieted, in fact the complete opposite, I eat appaulingly! I feel very lucky to be this way as I know so many girls who struggle with it, my friends actually get annoyed watching me eat takeaways guilt free when theyre counting their calories, but I cant help it can I haha!
- I like my eyelashes, theyre naturally long and quite full so its quite easy to get my mascara to do a good job of making them huge how I like them. Strangers do it alot but sometimes even my Dad asks if Im wearing falsies when its just mascara.
- I like my teeth. I dont know if I can count it in this as I did have a brace on my top set when I was 11, but Im so glad I did, my teeth are perfectly straight now when before they were a real eyesore and ruined my confidence, so now Im really chuffed with them and always smile proudly now.
I really enjoyed doing this post, great idea Amy!
I think you should all do it to, give yourself a bit of a boost and link it to Amy so she can see too