Friday 10 August 2012

Smudgy eyeliner and my new favourite jacket...

On my way out the door to go and see Ted last night (the funniest film of the year so far by MILES) I realised I hadnt taken any pictures of my new favourite clothing item. I quickly snapped one and a little FOTD for you as well...

Firstly for make-up Ive been switching it up a little bit recently in terms of my eyeliner. Im usually a clean black line of gel or liquid liner kinda girl, but Ive been going for the more smudgy pencil look these past few days. In the past Ive always made a bit of a mess of it, taking it way too far down under my yes and end up looking like a raccoon. I think I may have cracked it now!

As for the products I used my Mac Studio Fix Fluid as a base, with my Chanel cream bronzer to contour with a little of Benefits Bella Bamba to give a little flush to my cheeks.

You cant really tell here but I used MACs All That Glitters and Mythical (ltd ed.) on the lid with Avons Supershock liner in Blackberry smudged all around the eye. I find it to be a grgeous unique colour, like a really dark purpley reddy toned brown. Mascara was just about one coat of each different one I own at the minute, I like layering. 

On the lips is my usual nude combo of Rimmels Nude Delight with Nars lipgloss in Turkish Delight over the top. Lots of delights there!


Now, the outfit. 
Im known for wearing all black a lot of the time, I dont have much imagination and black just always looks right, and its easy. This Zara jacket is my new best friend to team with my all-black outfits to bring them to life. I know there is so much more you could do with it in terms of what to pair it with, but as I say Im pretty boring in the wardrobe department. I have Barbara from The Persian Babe to thank for my new love, she had it on in a video and I knew it had to be mine!

I got it in the sale for £20 (I think!), and I was rather chuffed as Id been eyeing it up for months at full price! I'm not entirely sure its still in stock but I'd recommend snatching it up if you find it. My boyfriend and my Dad hate it, my friends love it as do I...So its one of those things that everyone has a strong love/hate opinion on. Even though its quite a loud floral style print I think it could be a very versatile piece and could be worn with many different outfits to spice things up a bit.

Do you like it, or hate it?
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I really like the jacket, like you I wear a lot of black so I should probably invest in something similar to brighten things up! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wearing black, its just so easy. So having a few bits like this to just throw on and make it more interesting is fab I think...Goin to keep my eyes peeled for some other pieces x

      Delete
  2. You look lovely hun and this jacket is gorgeous - really brightens your outfit :) I think sometimes something as simple as a statement piece can really transform an outfit :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look gorgeous! your makeup looks great too :)
    nicola xxx
    itsneecola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete