Sunday 5 August 2012

Top 5 Products For Soft Lips

Im pretty obsessed with lip balm, and keeping my lips smooth and soft. Chapped or even flaky lips can ruin the look of any lipstick and overall make-up look, and it can just be a little bit gross.

To keep my lips in tip-top condition I use a mixture of these products:


Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub: When lips are quite flaky and need a good clean up, a lip balm is just going to smooth over it and not clear away any dead skin. This is where the scrub comes in. Its really simple, just rub a little of it on the lips and rub it in. It leaves my lips super smooth and ready for lipbalm...plus it tastes suggary and amazing. I know it would be much cheaper to make a homemade version of this, theres tutorials of how to make it everywhere, but I got this as a gift so I dont feel too guilty owning it. Before I had this I used to use my toothbrush lightly along my lips to give a similar effect.

Figs and Rouge Balm: Before I go to bed I like to slather on a load of thick balm, and this Figs and Rouge one has been my bedtime balm of choice recently. The plain old Nivea one is also really nice. My lips can dry out quite a bit overnight if I leave them bare, so this works well to stop that from happening. It makes it easier to keep them soft through the daytime as theyre already lovely when you wake up!

Burts Bees Lipbalm: This is the lipbalm I carry around in my handbag most of the time. It smells deliciously of mangos  and its just overall a really nice balm. The stick formula is really easy to apply on the go rather than a tub and its a nice little pick me up for through the day before reapplying any lipstick I may be wearing that day.

Carmex Cherry Lipbalm: This is my balm of choice for under lipsticks. I apply it before I put my makeup on in the morning and by the time I come to lipstick its sunk in sightly and leaves a nice smooth base. I find this the best as its quite thin but very nourishing so sits nicely under lipstick. 

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 03: I am obsessed with this product. Its got the appearance of a gorgeous gloss, with the effects of a lovely balm. Its a great ne for day to day when I dont fancy full lipstick, as it gives a sheer peachy tone but nothing too heavy. It also smells amazing and Im going to give it a full review as it really deserves a full rave about it haha!

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I tried to use the LUSH scrubs but I found them too sickly! Vaseline and sugar is what I use now - or a toothbrush (clean) to buff them! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still find the toothbrush to be the easiest option too :) x

      Delete
  2. I love my Burts Bees Lipbalm! And the Clarins Lip Perfetor looks lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theyre both awesome, Im slightly obsessed with my Clarins one though x

      Delete
  3. I prefer to DIY my own lip scrub instead of buying these overpriced ones from LUSH although they do work well too, and I do love Figs and Rouge Balm too, I think it has such a unique texture. Burts Bees Lipbalm in Mango must be my favorite lipbalm of the moment, although I'm in love with Carmex too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh I agree the Lush scrubs are way overpriced, I only have this one as it came in one of their giftboxes... Its nice but not sure Id pay the price fr it when Im done with this one! x

      Delete