Friday 29 July 2011

My Holy Grail Mascara Combo

I dont know how normal it is to use more than one type of mascara on a day to day basis, but that is something that is now a part of my make-up routine. I just feel I achieve a more full effect by using different mascaras that do different things. Ive used many different mascaras over the years and have come back to these three time and time again. I would go as far to say that these three ar emy Holy Grail mascaras, when used together...




Avon Supershock - Perfect for creating volume and length in one, right from the first use, Ive repurchased this countless times, its amazing.

Eyeko Big Eyes - Exactly what it says on the tin (or tube) it gives BIG eyes and the tiny brush makes it great for getting the bottom lashes.

Maxfactor Flase Lash Effect Waterproof - I like to finish with a waterproof mascara to stop my mascara running through the day, I loved the original version of this so I like to use this as a failsafe waterproof one as it also gives great volume too.


1 coat of Avon SupershockThis is enough for me for the daytime if Im not gonig anywhere or doing much. It gives good definition and great thickness in one coat. I could jsut finish with 1 coat of Maxfactor FLE waterproof and I would be done.


2 coats of Avon Supershock
Just one more coat of this stuff gives much thicker lashes, which is usually what I settle for on a daily basis.


2 coats of Avon Supershock, 1 coat of Eyeko Big Eyes and 1 coat of False Lash Effect WaterproofIf I fancy having big thick lashes then this is what I would do to achieve this look. I go kind of on the back of the lashes with the Big Eyes as the thin brush means its easy to get back there, and also do the bottom lashes with that too. Then I jsut runover with the waterproof mascara to give it staying power as my eyes are quite watery if its windy or sunny.


So thats generally how I do my mascara and my favourite ever products, whats your HG mascara that I should try? Im always open to new products.
Thanks for reading!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I love YSL Faux Cils combined witha volumizing product like Collectioin 2000 False Lash!

    That avon one is amazing! I haven't bought any Avon products since my sister stopped doing them though. Seem to ghave dropped off the radar around here :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Collection 2000 Big Fake False Lash Effect Mascara, its my favourite one right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your eyes look amaazing! that avon mascara looks great!
    the mascara i always swear by is the maybelline 'the colossal volum' express' mascara - basically the big yellow and purple one :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You eyelashes seriously look fake... in all three photo's your a crazy woman! Im so jealous lol :P It must take a while to scrub it all off at night! :P rachinald.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete