So the story goes that Ive just got back from my beautiful New Years get away with my boyfriend and I log into my blog. I read the first post that I find which is this kind of blog awards tag, and at the very bottom, the award has been passed on to a number of people, including me! I was suprised to say the least, what a fabulous start to 2011!
So thankyou millions to Lauren at communicatingbeauty! Her blog is amazing, I read every one of her posts so this award kind of felt like an honour to recieve it. Everyone should go and follow her blog shes fab!
The point of this blog award is to tell your readers a bit about yourself. I think I already ramble on far too much about myself and random life stories rather than acutal beauty products and such but ehre we go...
1. Thank and link back to who gave you the award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass it along to 7 blog you've recently discovered and enjoy
4. Leave your recipient a note, telling them about the award
7 Things about myself:
- I am obsessed with crafts. Making and creating things is what I love to do, even if I rarely have time to do it. Mainly baking and cooking as this seems to fit around everything else I have to do the easiest, and can normally be done with whatever I have in the cupboard. One day I want my own little bakery and make beautful cakes and decorate wedding cakes and such like. Sounds like a dream to me.
- I have applied to study busines studies at five of my most local universities, jsut waiting to see if I get in now, eeek!
- I live with my boyfriend with his mam, stepdad and little brother, I keep a lot of my stuff at my nanas house as there isnt enough room for my mountains of rubbish in his place. My mams new place only has one bedroom, and my dad has jsut moved out of his tiny flat into a huge run-down victorian townhouse, which we are going to decrate beautifully and Im gonig to move in there.
- I don't have a job right now, which can be difficult considering my obsession with buying anything and everything. My last job as in a sunbed shop, but my boss was evil and refused to even pay me minimum wage, totally not on, so I left after I got completely sick of him.
- I love to travel as much as I can. Although Ive noyl been to Florida once, America is my favourite place, and I want to travel there as much as I can. In recent years Ive done a lot of travelling with my boyfriend such as The Lake District, Edinbrough London, Spain twice, Gran Canaria and Majorca. Hes more obsessed with holidays than I am.
- I have a rather large extended family. I kind of count my boyfriends family as my own now, so In total I have about 4 "mothers" and "fathers" and 6 "siblings" haha. I do love it though, I would spend all my time with them if I could theyre all great company.
- I eat far too many "Large Chicken Nugget meals" from McDonalds. Like I mean wayyyy too many. But never mind!
1. Why did you create this blog?
Around april last year I bought a bottle of St Moriz...having not venutred far into false tan before I searched for it on youtube and cameacross swalermakeup's tutorial on it. I was intrigued, and ended up spending the rest of the day watching all of her videos. From there I jsut loved the beauty community of youtube. I tried once of twice filming a video but just hated how I looked and sounded, the whole thing seemed rubbish. Bu I then found blogging, and I jsut knew it was my forte. Ive always loved to wrte and ramble on, and its jsut perfect for me to let out all my ramblings on here. Whether anyone reads it is another story, but I dont really mind!
2. What kind of blog do you follow?
Mostly beauty blogs as thats what Im most interested in. Ive found the odd craft blog I enjoy, and theres one by a wedding planner which I LOVE!
3. Favorite Makeup Brand
Tough one! MAC or Benefit, I feel like its such a treat when I get something new from them and I love all their stuff.
4. Favorite Clothing Brand
Topshop or Miss Selfridge are my very favourites. I do like a trip to Republic and H&M , you can get some good bargains.
5. Your Indispensable Makeup Product
I NEED mascara. Sounds silly but I lok like my eyes are disappearing into my head without it.
6. Your Favorite Color
Lauren had this as her answer but I agree, mine is gold. It looks good on everything and in any form, eyeshadow, christmas decorations, jewellery, its just gorgeous.
7. Your Favourite Perfume
Alien by Thierry Mugler, or Christina Aguilera By Night
8. Your Favorite Film
Forever and always will be The Lion King
9. What country would you like to visit and why?
America, specifically New York. Because its the city that never sleeps and neither do I, I think we would really hit it off.
10. Are you a Cat or Dog person?
Dog! I am in love wit hmy dog Molly, shes just gorgeous and I hate that I dont live with her properly shes so nice to snuggle up to. Cats jsut hate me anyways for some reason.
7 Blogs that I pass this award to:
Kate at dollybowbow
Emily at emily--charlotte
Fleur at fleurdeforce
Rhiannon at heygorgeous
Kelly at kelanjo
Leanne at leannemarie
Lauren at lovelaughlauren
Those winners are in no particular order I love reading them all
Thankyou Lauren once again! Its made my day